Carriage Square at Gainey Village HOA
This past year saw several home burglaries in our neighborhood as well as the theft of items left outside the home. Some of these were in broad daylight. Many of these burglaries and theft of items such as bicycles are crimes of opportunity. Don’t give anyone the opportunity. Protect your home and yourself by following these suggestions.
When you are home:
1. Do not leave garage doors open unless you are working in your garage. This includes side door into the garage.
2. If you are working in your back yard lock the front door. Don't leave items in front of the house unattended.
3. Install a Ring Doorbell or similar device, these along with a smart phone allow you to see who is at your door without opening the door. These devices allow you to see and to talk with whomever is at your door even when you are not at home.
4. Security camera systems and security lights can supplement or extend doorbell security systems.
5. The devises suggested above can be purchased locally at big box or hardware stores and installed by the home owner.
6. Register your security cameras with the Scottsdale Police Department. This can help with investigations of crime in the neighborhood. You can do this on the Police Department web site. https://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/POLICE
7. If you are having major renovations on your home and you give keys to workers be sure to change the locks when the work is completed.
8. Be aware of what is going on in your neighborhood and report suspicious activity to the police department.
When you are away from home:
1. Lock all doors including the side gate. Let your neighbors know if you will away for extended period. Include in the conversation any traffic at your home that is legitimate, such as Pool guy, family members etc.
2. Secure any pet doors, people have been known to squeeze through these to gain entry.
3. Many homes have the electric panel outside the perimeter walls. It is a good idea to put a padlock on the electric panel so the electric to the house cannot easily be shut off making any WiFi system inoperable.
4. Here is a link to the Scottsdale Police website. This site has a lot of valuable information. https://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/POLICE
Neighborhood Watch Newsletter
Green Stagnate Swimming Pools
Check out crime activity in any neighborhood by clicking on the following link:
Urban Wildlife Information: